I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Reply To: POS Coins

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion POS Coins Reply To: POS Coins

alexg
Keymaster

Hello,

Addresses can be labelled but the accounting system of Bitcoin is deprecated as you know. I could maybe add code so that the RPC command assigns emails to addresses but it will require a change in the API, so I am scheduling this for version 3.0.0 where there will be a new v2 of the PHP API. I am also not certain at this time if all the wallets that have an RPC API will accept a second argument to the getnewaddress command, so I will have to do some research on this, before deciding whether to add this at the Dashed_Slug_Wallets_Coin_Adapter_RPC or Dashed_Slug_Wallets_Coin_Adapter_Bitcoin level in the class hierarchy.

Labels can also be assigned on the database, but this is somewhat redundant if it is to be used for storing usernames, since the database already holds a mapping of usernames to addresses.

I am adding all of this to the backlog. Thanks for the suggestion.

kind regards

P.S. In the future please open a new thread for each distinct request, this helps keep the forums clean for people who look for similar info in the future. Thanks.