I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Reply To: Timezones of Moves

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Timezones of Moves Reply To: Timezones of Moves

alexg
Keymaster

OK thank you for the screenshots. I’ll summarize some observations so we can be on the same page:

– The times in the database are meant to be stored in UTC.

– Your server’s timezone is set correctly to GMT-6.

– Your wallet server is in GMT-4, but this should not matter, since the RPC API of bitcoin-like wallets returns timestamps in GMT.

– Assuming the DB view you show me is sorted by primary key, it seems that all the times are stored in correct UTC.

– In the frontend, you see times for withdrawals offset by 4 hours. (This probably has to do with the timezone of the machine where the browser runs.)

Because I don’t know when you performed these transactions, it’s still unclear to me:

1. For internal move transfers, is the correct UTC timestamp shown in the database? If not, what’s the offset to the UTC time when you performed the tranasaction?

2. For deposits/withdrawals, is the correct UTC timestamp shown in the database? If not, what’s the offset to the UTC time when you performed the tranasaction?

Once I understand these two things I can determine what’s the right way to offset the times in the frontend and in your CSV export. I am still not clear on whether all the UTC timestamps are correct in the database, so please try to answer 1 and 2.

Thank you.