I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Reply To: CoinPayments API key error: insufficient permission for get_basic_info

dashed-slug.net Forums CoinPayments.net Wallet Adapter extension support CoinPayments API key error: insufficient permission for get_basic_info Reply To: CoinPayments API key error: insufficient permission for get_basic_info

alexg
Keymaster

Hello,

My apologies for the late reply. Your message was marked as spam for some reason.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

There were several issues involved. One was that it was not possible to disable the tor setting once enabled. However, tor was not being actually used unless you had it enabled in the plugin’s HTTP settings (Settings -> Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets -> HTTP settings -> Tor enabled).

Please update the parent plugin to 6.1.1 and the CoinPayments wallet adapter to 2.0.6. These updates fix the issues mentioned above.

However, I do not believe that this will the issue you report (i.e. API key not having permission for get_basic_info). You should definitely re-check the permissions on the API key you are using.

Additionally, it is possible that this is a cached error. In the screen with the wallet adapter settings, click on “Clear Cache”.

If you do all of the above and you continue to face problems, please let me know.

with regards,
Alex