I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Reply To: Deposit notification not working for Bitcoin wallet

dashed-slug.net Forums Full Node Multi Coin Adapter extension support Deposit notification not working for Bitcoin wallet Reply To: Deposit notification not working for Bitcoin wallet

alexg
Keymaster

Hello and welcome!

First, understand that there is no 1-to-1 correlation between wallet addresses and users. The user balances are the sum of user transactions. Each user is assigned a deposit address. When you send funds to that address, the plugin must first detect this deposit and create a corresponding deposit entry into the plugin’s ledger. For Bitcoin-like wallets this is done via the walletnotify wallet argument.

Having said this, please tell me the following:

1. When you go to Wallets -> Adapters, do you see the correct hot wallet balance? (i.e. the balance of the wallet backing the site’s funds)

2. When you go to Wallets -> Addresses, do you see BTC addresses assigned to users? There should be addresses for all users who have already logged in after you installed the plugin.

3. When you go to Wallets -> Transactions, do you see any deposits? This is the critical part. If this is not working, it’s possible that you haven’t set up walletnotify correctly.

If the problem is with walletnotify, please check this guide: https://www.dashed-slug.net/howto-debug-an-incoming-deposit-full-node-wallet/ Everything is explained there.

If possible, show me what you found in steps 5 and 6 of the HOWTO guide, so I can help.

with regards