Open extra topbar

Page redirection

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Page redirection

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Page redirection

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alexg 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bigblue
    Participant

Hello Alex,

I am opening a new topic regarding our last conversation about adding in admin settings a way in order to assign pages or a custom URLs for enabled coins and custm points.

I thought that it could be a good approach adding this in the exchnge table. I made an example taking from mrkts admin settings a row and adding to it a suggestion of the selecting interface. This shoud add a new column (for example) in the exchnge table with a redirection buttons for each mrkt/coin to the page/url selected in admin settings. If there is no page/url selected from admin settings, then no button should appear. Please refer to the screenshot bellow:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kb88xlnxuytjof/Page-url.png?dl=0

I said maybe it is better to add this to the exchnge table because it makes more sense, but it could be also a good approach to adding this to balances (maybe).

With this I thought about more possibilities of use, and specially in order to link quality content and the use of other apps-adapters features.

What do you think?

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for opening a new thread.

If I understand correctly, you would like the plugin to have a “designated” page for each market. You would then be able to click on a market from the market list, and go to that market page.

It is possible to do this, I will add it to the list. Thank you.

with regards

bigblue
    Participant

Hi Alex,

That’s it, yes. A button for each markt. In my opinion this will extend possibilities for rich and custm content.

If it is not that much asking, it would be ideal if we can set pages or curstom URLs (in case if it is an external link), and for those markts with no assigned page or link, the button would not appear, and similarly if all markts have no assigned page/url, the column would not appear.

Thank you very much Alex, greatly apreciated your work.

Looking forward into it

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Great, I’ll let you know here once it’s ready.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In the latest version 0.8.2-beta of the Exchange extension, it is now possible to display a static table of all markets with [wallets_exchange_market template="static"]. Additionally, the admin can pick a “default main page” for each market. These pages appear as links in this new shortcode.

(The dynamic counterpart of the markets table, [wallets_exchange_market], does not use these new page links, because clicking on a row dynamically switches the loaded views to the clicked market.)

bigblue
    Participant

Thank you verry much Alex for such effort and for your time. The add is just excellent.

I tested it, and it would be really much better (in my opinion) if it could be possible of adding buttons, instead of clicking the row. From users perspective, it is not intuitive, and if using the dynamic table, it would be a bit confusing regarding usability (clicking on a row allows different reactions in both templates) if using the static template in another page (I use dynamic).

How can I add custom urls? (for external links for example)

Please Alex, could you check if it would be possible to add buttos in a separate column without affecting the row market switch feature for both dynamic and static templates?

Thank you Alex, greatly appreciated your dedication

alexg
    Keymaster

You brought up a number of different points, let me see if I can address all of them:

First of all, I do not intend to provide a different template for each particular user request. I do provide a collection of basic view templates, and then there is a way for a user to provide their own (see the wallets_exchange_views_dir filter).

The static and dynamic templates do not mix – you are meant to use either one or the other. Dynamic templates are for having one page that can display all the markets dynamically. Static templates are meant to be used with static pages that each are assigned one market.

I have not added the ability to attach markets to custom links. But once you copy the templates and modify them, you can insert any links you like.

with regards

bigblue
    Participant

Alex,

Could you change the style of the static template, inserting a button for each market, instead of clicking on row?

It is already possible to filter markets? i.e a markt table with only a few selected coins?

Thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

I will add the button in the next release.

It is not possible to filter markets. But you can show an individual market’s data, like so:

[wallets_exchange_market template="static" market="BTC_LTC"]
    or:
    [wallets_exchange_market template="horizontal-static" market="BTC_LTC"]

with regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.